Automation in the AEC industry (BIM and Dynamo)
BIM Automation is not new anymore. The use of Revit softwares and the use of Dynamo is something mostly BIM Engineers are familiar with. The Growing Automation in the AEC Industry is not just easing the task of Construction but also increases productivity.
BIM Automation removes the redundancy of repetitive tasks, hasty calculations as well as reporting. The classy softwares of AutoCAD Revit and Dynamo can be helpful for the entire gamut of generative design and structures for the project.
New technological advancements in Architecture-Engineering-Construction (AEC) design has brought the ‘level of automation’ as a pivotal factor in the success of BIM process and projects. One of the key debates in ‘effective automation’ lies in its congruence throughout the AEC (Architectural, Engineering and Construction) projects.
What does BIM Automation do for firms?
- It enhances the output levels align with a high accuracy achievement
- It Reduces Human Error which may creep in due to manual modelling of the project.
- It facilitates cross- discipline design coordination among the team and the project manager indeed.
- It eases the task of any technical amalgamation with Business Processes.
- Not only this, it offers a high level computational value for the project in terms of managing technical costs and clashes all in one frame.
Generative design refers to any or rather every design practice where the designer uses a system, such as a computer programme, to produce the solution to a desired design problem with some level of autonomy.
Using Design Automation, the ability of the user to automate the project related tasks within the parametric model by calling parameters via automated scripts is enhanced. Not only this, the relative ease of tasks increases a flow as well as productivity. The data and geometry are outcomes of the automatic execution of a set of rules and can use traditional modeling elements as inputs. This is usually done with the help of either Revit or Dynamo. The computational aspect of BIM Modelling describes a process for execution of AEC Components with utmost reliability and evaluation of design outcomes.
The various automation objectivity that can be achieved includes:
- Evaluation and error monitoring of loopholes in either of the component placement/ stacking.
- Process computational framework design
- Work Integration
- Protocol Implementation
- Grafting and Placements of the final coordinated model.
BIM is gaining worldwide attention due to the in outs of the technological output and evolution for an enhanced connectivity of the project via various tools so as to speed up the flow along with a reduced cost and elimination of error. The future looks bright in terms of BIM and its automation.
BIM Automation is not new anymore. The use of #Dynamo is something mostly BIM Engineers are familiar with. The Growing Automation in the AEC Industry is not just easing the task of Construction but also increases productivity.
It is necessary to create Unique Window & Door ID in the model for checking purpose using Solibri or BCF. We at MaRS BIM Solutions rigorously using Dynamo to do these laborious tasks in minutes.